Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Inspired By: The Perks of Being a Wallflower

As a self-proclaimed wallflower, I absolutely adored this book. Charlie, the uniquely observant narrator of the book, beautifully and realistically describes the highs and lows associated with high school. But even if you're not in high school in anymore, this story will still touch your heart (cheesy but true). When I heard that they were going to turn it into a movie I was very skeptical but after getting chills from the trailer, I decided that I would be attending the midnight premiere. I also decided to create an outfit based on the book.


I chose androgynous clothing like the trousers and oxfords because the character Sam in the book is kind of a tomboy but has a lot of feminine moments (hence the lace and trench). Also, I threw in the fun, neon bag because it matched the bright green cover of the book. The quote above the clothing is just one of the gorgeous/philosophical lines presented in this novel. The quote below the cover (it says Wallflower: You see things. You keep quiet about them. And you understand) kind of sums up the novel from Charlie's perspective because he is constantly evaluating the world around him and just trying to understand the people in his life.

If you're interested, I've linked the trailer to the movie below but I beg you to read the book first!



No comments:

Post a Comment